A bit of Monday Mayhem:
1. What is your favorite orange colored thing on the planet?
2. Ever see an orange person?
Albany mayor Jerry Jennings, who sometimes put Boehner to shame.
3. Name something that you hate that is orange.
Cantaloupe. Indeed, I’m just not a melon guy at all.
4. What is your favorite sports team that uses the color orange?
Easy – the Syracuse University Orangemen. If I were to pick a pro team, it’d be the blue-and-orange New York Mets.
5. Name an orange food.
A clementine, a type of orange fruit.
6. Tell us something funny that entails an orange (like a joke or image).
Eminem was on 60 Minutes in October, interviewed by Anderson Cooper.
He writes all of his own songs and delights in rhyming words others can’t.
We talked to him about how he does it in his private recording studio.
Eminem has said he bends the words.
“It’s just in the enunciation of it,” he explained. “Like, people say that the word ‘orange’ doesn’t rhyme with anything and that kind ‘a pisses me off because I can think of a lot of things that rhyme with orange.”
“What rhymes with orange? I can’t think of anything,” Cooper remarked.
“If you’re taking the word at face value and you just say orange, nothing is going to rhyme with it exactly. If you enunciate it and you make it like more than one syllable? Orange, you could say like, ‘I put my orange four-inch door hinge in storage and ate porridge with George.’ So, you just have to figure out the science to breakin’ down words,” he replied.
7. When is the last time you ate an orange?
8. What’s your opinion about pulp- does it belong in juice or should it be removed?
Keep the pulp!
9. Name an orange piece of your wardrobe.
T-shirt with my church’s logo on it.
10. Orange you glad we didn’t say banana?
And my daughter cannot yet tell that joke correctly. In time, I’m sure she will.