The late Cardinal Jaime Sin of the Philippines.
From Sunday Stealing back in November.
1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog?
An existential crisis of powerlessness.
2. Why did you choose your blog’s name? What does it mean?
Ramblin’ with (John) Gambling, a radio show.
3. Did you ever had another blog?
Not before this blog; a few since.
4. What do you do online when you’re not on your blog?
Limited Facebook and Twitter.
5. How about when you’re not on the computer?
Mostly tend to the Daughter.
6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you?
I think people who read my blog know just what I want them to know about me.
7. What is your favorite community in the blogosphere?
8. What is your philosophy on your blog layout?
I have none – philosophy or a particular layout.
9. Tell me about your picture you use to represent you on your blog.
It’s a caricature of me that the late Raoul Vezina drew for a friend of mine.
10. Pick 3 random blogs from your blogroll and tell us about them.
Byzantium Shores – well-read, and extremely handy guy from Buffalo named Jaquandor who knows music.
Shores of Orion – a blog by Chris Honeywell, who’s a Christian Scientist. No, that’s not right. She’s a scientist (mathematical biogeochemist) and a Christian, among other things.
Mike Sterling’s Progressive Ruin -a comic-book-related blog I’ve been reading since before I started blogging.
11. What features do you think your blog should have that it doesn’t currently?
12. What do you consider the 10 most “telling” interests that we would infer from what you blog persona?
Music, religion, politics, civil rights, family, English language, movies, books, libraries, data
13. Do you have any unique interests that you have never shared before? What are they?
Yes, and I will when I get good and ready to.
14. The best thing about blogging is all of the friends that you make. Beside from those folks, do you think your blog has fans?
15. What’s your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination?
Everything. Politics, I suppose.
16. What are you glad you did but haven’t really had a chance to post about?
I will, eventually. Or not.
17. How many people that first became a blog friend, have you met face to face?
One – Gordon.
18. What don’t you talk about here, either because it’s too personal or because you don’t have the energy?
Any number of TMI moments.
19. What’s a question that you’d love to answer?
I’m going to make you guess at that.
20. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and regretted it?
No. I think, like other friends, people come and go in your life.
21. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and thought, “Was that overdue!”
Most of the references to the death of the BeeGees’ Robin Gibb notes the brothers’ disco period, and especially the Saturday Night Fever, understandable given its sales and popularity. But the first song of theirs I heard was New York Mining Disaster 1941, and I for one was listening to them before Stayin’ Alive.