The great thing about doing these memes is that when my access to the computer is limited, which has been the case a LOT of late, they are much easier to start and stop than an essay. As always, I may answer a question, or I may not. From a two-part Sunday Stealing: Part 1 and Part 2.
1) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
That greed is NOT good, that it comes back and bites you in places you don’t want to be bitten.
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
3) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Tahiti, because it’d be expensive.
4) What do you think about most?
Injustice. Stuff such as this: THIS is what extreme usury looks like.
6) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
Sure it would involve affairs of the heart.
7) What’s your strangest talent?
To stay friends with most of the people I’ve dated.
8) What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
I’m sure there is one, but it’s not coming to me. Maybe I’m suppressing it.
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
I believe so.
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?
12) What’s your religion?
Christian. That denomination thing – I was a Methodist, am now a Presbyterian – is rather weird, if you think on it. Oh, and speaking of religion, check out John Cleese commenting on comments that folks have posted about Monty Python videos on YouTube. Note especially, at the 52-second mark, what he has to say about religion. Or this on Jesus, Republicans And The Bible, from back in the days of the Republican primaries, but the overarching theme is still relevant.
14) When you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
Staying out of the sun.
17) What was the last lie you told?
Probably something in this quiz.
18) Do you believe in karma?
19) What is a saying you say a lot?
“La-dee-dah, la-dee-dah.” Actually, I don’t, but I did at one time. You’d really need to ask someone else.
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
Irritability; sense of fairness.
21) Who is your celebrity crush?
This week? Emmylou Harris. I blame Eddie.
22) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word: heart.
23) How do you vent your anger?
24) Do you have a collection of anything?
Hess trucks, Marvel Masterworks books, CDs, LPs.
25) What is your favorite word?
Rendezvous. (It’ll be something else next time I’m asked.)
26) Are you happy with the person you’ve become?
More or less.
27) What’s a sound you hate; sound you love?
Jackhammer; electric fan
28) What’s your biggest “what if”?
Gave them up for Lent, or something.
29) Do you believe in ghosts?
Not particularly, but I could be persuaded.
30) How about aliens?
31) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
Going to library school.
32) What’s the worst place you have ever been to?
Define “worst”. The saddest was in rural Tennessee; extreme poverty.
33) Can insanity bring on more creativity?
You’re asking me because…
35) To you, what is the meaning of life?
Helping each other, in big ways and small.
36) Define “Art”.
Paul’s partner in the 1960s.
37) Do you believe in luck?
Or something like that.
38) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
39) What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
A SONG. There are so many. I’ll pick one: R.E.M. – It’s The End Of The World
41) What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
43) What’s up?
Popular PIXAR movie starring Ed Asner.
44) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
Almost certainly. It might even have been true.
46) Do you ever hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
Not a real grudge, but more a loss of trust.
47) What’s your favorite (non-pet) animal?
48) What is your secret weapon to get people to like you?
It’s no secret. Monthly bribes.
50) What do you think is Satan’s last name?
Smith. Gotta blend in somehow.