This was one of those things that Jaquandor and SamuraiFrog, for two, did last year. But I thought I’d do it now, when I had the time.
1. Possibly the first movie I ever saw in a theater was 101 Dalmatians (1961). And what’s not to like? The lead male adult is named Roger and gets to sing the nasty “Cruella deVille” song.
2. At this point, I’m not positive when I saw most of the Disney classic films. Disney had this policy of putting out a film, then re-releasing it every seven years. They do similar things with video/DVD/BluRay these days. I’m pretty sure I saw Cinderella, but was it in the theater or on TV? I know I saw Lady & the Tramp in the theater. I saw Snow White in the past year with my daughter on TV, and good chunks were unfamiliar.
3. I saw Fantasia (and Fantasia 2000) in movie theaters when I was an adult.
4. I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen, in their entirely, Dumbo, Bambi or Pinocchio. The bits of the latter I DID see were dark and terrifying.
5. The first non-animated movie I remember seeing in the movie theater was Continue reading F is for Film: 100 things about Movies