The great thing about doing these memes is that when my access to the computer is limited, which has been the case a LOT of late, they are much easier to start and stop than an essay. As always, I may answer a question, or I may not. From a two-part Sunday Stealing: Part 1 and Part 2.
1) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
That greed is NOT good, that it comes back and bites you in places you don’t want to be bitten.
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
3) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Tahiti, because it’d be expensive.
4) What do you think about most?
Injustice. Stuff such as this: THIS is what extreme usury looks like.
6) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
Sure it would involve affairs of the heart.
7) What’s your strangest talent?
Continue reading Blue Memory Meme
There was a two-part Madness meme on Sunday Stealing: Part 1 and Part 2. I’ve eliminated questions I didn’t feel like answering, such as “Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work?”
2. What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated?
3. Ever been in a car wreck?
Two, one that sent me to the hospital.
4. Were you popular in high school?
Continue reading Descent into Madness Meme
The late Cardinal Jaime Sin of the Philippines.
From Sunday Stealing back in November.
1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog?
An existential crisis of powerlessness.
2. Why did you choose your blog’s name? What does it mean?
Ramblin’ with (John) Gambling, a radio show.
3. Did you ever had another blog?
Not before this blog; a few since.
4. What do you do online when you’re not on your blog?
Limited Facebook and Twitter.
5. How about when you’re not on the computer?
Mostly tend to the Daughter.
6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you?
Continue reading Blogging meme about blogging is a Cardinal Sin
1. Movie you love with a passion.
West Side Story. I know it’s only a good, not great movie. But I love the music, dancing. I saw it when I was young, so it had a huge impression on me.
2. Movie you vow to never watch.
Saw 1 to infinity.
3. Movie that literally left you speechless.
Young Frankenstein, during which I laughed so hard, I couldn’t speak. Or Mel Brooks’ History of the World, Part 1, that was so bad from a major director that I was slackjawed. Or Schindler’s List, which is probably the best answer.
4. Movie you always recommend.
I never “always recommend” anything. Continue reading The Fifteen Movie Questions Meme
Cherry-picking through Sunday Stealing, again. This one is from July 3:
1. Last movie you saw in a theater?
2. What book are you reading?
I’m slogging through a book written by a colleague, which I may soon abandon altogether.
3. Favorite board game?
I’d say SCRABBLE. But don’t you actually have to PLAY it occasionally for it to be your favorite? Backgammon and SORRY.
4. Favorite magazine?
I start reading a magazine, then the next one comes before I finish the first, and I end up wit a pile of half-read, quickly dated periodicals. I don’t really read them anymore. Continue reading These are a few of my favorite things
This is a combination of two Sunday Stealing posts from here and here, but I decided to answer only the questions I felt like answering. Besides, I don’t HAVE a favorite mall store.
1. What has been your longest love relationship?
Actually, my current one. We started going out -again – in late 1998. And I’m not even counting the 1.5 years we went out earlier in the 1990s.
4. If you could live anywhere would you live?
I seem to be fine where I am. I fantasize that Madison, WI or Portland, OR might be a mecca for me, and I did like Madison the one time I was there in 1987 or 1988, but I’m unmotivated to change at this time.
7. What’s the longest job that you’ve had?
That would be the current one, where I started October 19, 1992, three work addresses ago. Second longest was FantaCo (8.5 years). Third place was 13 months.
8. If you won the lottery, who’d you call first?
9. If you won, how would you spend your money after investments?
Continue reading Of Anger, Polyester and other things
I used to do these things called Sunday Stealing, but I stopped mostly because the questions started getting a bit repetitive. I found that to be somewhat true with this iteration as well -Have I sung karaoke? – no; have I kissed in the rain? -yes.
But there was a section of firsts that was fresher, so I decided I’d do that, and JUST that.
1.Who was your first prom (or homecoming) date?
Cecily. It was her prom, BTW, though she also went to my prom a few months later.
2. Who was your first roommate?
Ron Fields, a graduate student. His most obsessive habit was writing down EVERY SINGLE thing he spent money on, in these little spiral notepads. Coffee – 25 cents, candy bar – 10 cents. One day, he bought a used car ($1000).
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time? Continue reading Firsts