1. You’re building your dream house. What’s the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course)
A movie screening room, with cushy chairs and a pocorn machine.
2. What is your dream car?
I don’t have a dream car. I’m vaguely interested in getting a Vespa.
3. What is your favorite website that isn’t a blog?
Data.gov – cool stuff there
4. iPhone 4 or Droid, which do you want?
No clue. I’m so NOT covetous of these, though I saw someone’s iPhone (2 or 3) and thought it was nice.
5. When you’re feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up?
Play familiar music as loud as I can stand.
6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate.
Albany weather. This just wasn’t that bad a winter.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Growing up is overrated. OK, a third-base coach for a major league baseball team.
8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance?
Depends on the show. Probably not, though, since it seems the idea is to humiliate. My eldest niece and her husband are going to be on Wipe Out sometime this summer, but the very little I’ve seen of the program doesn’t thrill me.
9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up. (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.)
Mr. Peca, 6th grade.
10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do?
Kidnap someone well-known in the political field and leave him on a desert island, with sufficient provisions to live.
11. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Actually, we had moved into this house in May, so undoubtedly still moving furniture around, and undoubtedly whining about it.
12. By this time next year, I …
will be sending off my passport for renewal, because it expires in July 2011.
13. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing?
Probably; depends on who it is.
14. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?
I guess this has something to do with carpeting. Liz Lemon.
15. What is your greatest pet peeve?
People who think their time is more important han yours and act accordingly.
16. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
I did; it was our trip at Easter to Charlotte, NC.
17. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
18. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
O, Great Mighty One.
19. What are you dreading at the moment?
My next credit card bill.
20. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
If I were to worry about that, I just wouldn’t write them at all.
21. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship.
22. What were you doing this morning at 8 am?
Well, yesterday, I was getting ready for church. Today, I’ll be getting ready for work.
23. Do you have any famous relatives?
Of a sort, as I explained: Irwin Corey. And no, Al Green is NOT my cousin, though I made a joke that he was.
24. How many different beverages have you drank today?
Let’s see: water, apple juice, ginger ale.
25. What is something you are excited about?
Finishing this meme.
26. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group?
Define large. I’ve spoken before dozens at various presentations for work. There were 3000 in the audience for JEOPARDY!, and while I wasn’t addressing them directly, I nfelt their presence.
27. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Holy crap, my face keeps changing with the vitilago and the sun.
28. What were you doing at midnight last night?
29. What’s a word that you say a lot?
30. Who is your worst enemy?
Some days, me.