Stolen, as is often the case, from Jaquandor, who stole it as well.
1. The phone rings; who don’t you want it to be?
You know, I just want it to be someone I know. I love the answering machine. I especially love caller ID. Do we screen our calls? You betcha! All these folks with PRIVATE or blocked phone numbers we wait to hear their voice on the machine. Friends, we pick up…
The only person who knows my cellphone number is one of my sisters. I don’t even know it, I use it so infrequently. I have no desire to be available 24/7.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
There’s a designed area in the parking lot; I return it there. Though before they had them, I always returned them to the store.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
Listener, unless I’ve had at least two glasses of wine.
4. What was the last compliment that someone gave you?
“You’re a good dad.” This was not from my wife or daughter, BTW. She may be right, for all I know.
5. Do you play the lottery?
Yeah, when it’s over $100 million and I think of it, which is maybe twice a year.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, who would you want with you?
If I were abandoned alone, I wouldn’t HAVE anyone with me. OK, I’ll pick Clark Kent. Even if he didn’t want to reveal his secret identity, his strength and other powers could come in handy.
7. Do you like to ride horses?
Other than ponies as a kid, the only time I did was June 9, 1976, after my very first hangover; not recommended.
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
My family went camping for years. Tent, air matress, Coleman lantern and stove. I hated it.
9. What is your favorite party game?
Seriously, what is considered a party game? Charades I don’t hate, but I’m not a big fan. What else?
10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you go for it?
Assuming I were available…well, no. Relationships are complicated, and third parties often complicate them more.
11. When was the last time that you lied?
Probably some half-truth to the Daughter about keeping EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF ARTWORK SHE’S EVER DRAWN.
12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
I have, and it’s created difficulties. Not a dealbreaker, but not optimal.
13. If you have a S/O, who pursued who? If not, do you like to pursue or be pursued?
I think was mutual pursuit the first time out, but I certainly pursued the last time around.
14. Use six words to describe yourself.
Learned, contemplative introvert posing as extrovert.
15. Name a song that could make you cry?
There are lots. Sometimes tears of joy. On the other hand: “Sweet Bitter Love” by Aretha.
16. Are you pleased with your education?
Yes, I am. Best thing I learned in junior high: diagramming sentences.
17. How do you feel about gun control?
Why does one NEED an automatic weapon? Apparently, a lot of American guns end up in Mexico, contributing to the death toll there. If you have rules for driving a car, then some sort of regulation of guns (background check, waiting period) seem reasonable. The Second Amendment is no more an absolute than the First Amendment is.
18. If your house was on fire, what thing would be the first thing you grabbed?
My metal file box, which contains my psassport, my SS card and some genealogy stuff.
19. How often do you have a romantic weekend?
A whole weekend? Maybe once every 10 years.
20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
Yes. The past informs the present; won’t do THAT again, including something in this very quiz. the future is hope, but the future is uncertain , so living in the present is all we really have.
21. What was the last adult magazine that you have read?
Probably the Playboy magazine that had a follow-up John Lennon piece after the January 1981 interview.
22. What are you told about your eyes?
I’m told that they are attractive, much to my surprise.
23. How tall is just right?
For me, my current height.
24. Where is your dream house located?
Is San Simeon available? Seriously, I’ve been a renter most of my life, and I think at some level, I still have a renter’s heart. If I OWN things, I have to MAINTAIN things. Or as a speaker I heard once said: “The two happiest days in a boat owner’s life is the day he buys the boat, and the day he sells it.”
25. Do you have a secret fetish?
Why would I tell you? Then it wouldn’t be a secret. Actually, not sure that I do.
26. Have you tried bourbon? If yes, what type?
Yup. Jack Daniel’s, obviously, and a couple others. It was my drink of choice in college, with ginger ale. (Purists are booing – I hear ya.)
27. Have you ever seen a male or female stripper?
28. When was the last time you were at TGI Fridays?
Years ago, for dinner with a group. I don’t recall the occassion. It was OK.
29. When was the last time you were at Church?
30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
Yesterday it was to church; today, I have off and I’m hoping that it’ll be no father than local CVS drug storefour blocks away, unless I ride my bike for exercise.
31. What was your favorite job?
Probably the one I’m working now, though the job at FantaCo was great for a time. And the job at the Schenectady Arts Council in 1978 was nice, but lasted only ten-and-a-half months.
32. What condiments do you like at your BBQ?
Mustard on hot dogs, ketchup and mustard on hamburgers, onions on sausage, BBQ sauce on chicken and ribs.
33. Bud is hosting Thursday Thunks this week. Will you play?
Probably not. I think one or two of these a week is enough. (It’s not the writing that’s time-consuming; it’s the visiting. I do these Sunday Stealing things and don’t even post them in Sunday Stealing.)
34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
If you saw me with my dad at Carol’s and my wedding in May 1999, you’d say absolutely related. Just last month, someone on Facebook who knew my dad – this guy and I went to elementary school together – says I look just like my dad.
35. Who was the last person that you showered with (it’s okay to leave out the name)?
Well, the answer here is who you think it would be, but I’m not saying that outright, because, well, you know…. (Answer stolen).